Refer to us
Supporting physicians and their patients
At Psychotherapy Matters, we make it easy for physicians, like you, to give your patients the mental health care they need — with full-circle support. Our collaborative care model connects family doctors and their patients with psychiatrists and therapists for better clinical outcomes and faster recovery.
How it works
After receiving a referral from you — their family doctor— your patient can receive timely access to a psychiatric consultation, including assessment, diagnosis, and medication management (if needed). Our approach uses secure online video to help patients avoid excess travel, multiple practitioner visits, and lengthy wait times.
Why refer to us?
Referring your patients to Psychotherapy Matters means that they benefit from:
- One-on-one support to navigate the Ontario mental health care system and access the care they need
- Collaborative care between the patient, their therapist, and a psychiatrist in our network
- Access to a psychiatric consultation, conducted via the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN)
- Clinical evaluation and diagnosis of their mental health condition
- Medication management (faxed right to their pharmacy) or a medication check, if requested
- The best combination of therapeutic support for their well-being
You stay informed
Psychotherapy Matters keeps you in the know. After the initial session, a follow up clinical note will be sent directly to you indicating what therapeutic interventions have occurred and the continued care your patient will receive.
Help your patients get on the path to better mental health. Contact us below or download our Psychiatric Consultation Request form here.