Counsellor & Owner, Healthy Foundations Counselling · Master's (Lakehead University, 2013)
Psychotherapy Provider (Social worker (clinical))
Credentials Verified by PM
Accepting new clients
Member of Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
Providing counselling (individual & couple) for anxiety, depression, trauma, relationship issues, grief, stress, life changes, & conflicts. Counsellor Leanna Probizanski, BA, BEd, HBSW, MSW, RSW. I am a registered Master’s of Social Work counsellor and a certified Clinical Trauma Professional Level II (CCTP-II). Healthy Foundations Counselling takes an approach that is built around you as an individual. I believe that you have within yourself, vast resources for self-understanding, for altering your self-concept, attitudes and behaviours, and that these resources can be tapped into collaboratively, as you are your own best “expert”.
Working collaboratively promotes the building of a healthy counselling relationship, one in which you may find yourself able to explore difficult topics or memories or try new and different behaviours.
Each of us is unique and therefore your therapy experience will also be unique. Together, we will work to obtain the goals you have for yourself within a warm, person-centred therapeutic environment. A variety of methods are used in my approach to counselling, taking an approach that best suits your individual situation:
• Helping you change unhealthy patterns of thinking (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
• Talking with a focus on the future and what you’d like to achieve (Solution Focused Therapy)
• Helping yourself through taking specific steps and goals in a timeline (Task Focused Therapy)
• For conflict resolution, an approach focused on mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness, emotion regulation and distress tolerance is used. (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy)
• For relationships, a short-term approach to relationship attachment and repair is used. (Emotionally Focused Therapy)
• For trauma, (different models are used) TIST: This specializes in helping individuals who have experienced childhood trauma, neglect, and failed attachment who live with overwhelming memories and emotions that lead to a compromised nervous system that impairs their capacity to tolerate the normal ups and downs of a life after trauma (Trauma Informed Stabilization Treatment). CPT: For PTSD a specific type of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy which helps clients evaluate, change, and recover from elements of post-traumatic stress (Cognitive Processing Therapy). Exposure Therapy- behavioural therapy targeting responses to traumatic events.
• Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)-encourages people to embrace thoughts and feelings with acceptance rather than guilt or shame.
Healthy Foundations Counselling holds an unconditional positive regard and acceptance for all clients and takes a non-judgmental approach as well as offers active listening and empathetic communication and understanding. Your needs are the foundation for the therapy you will participate in.
Primary Practice Location
Healthy Foundations Counselling
1159 Alloy Drive 203
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 6M8
Phone: (807) 344-4322
Fax: (807) 623-1012
Years of Experience
Emotionally Focus Therapy Externship (couple & individual), TIST levels one and two certificates for trauma, DBT skills certificate, CBT for depression and anxiety certificate, CPT Cognitive Processing Therapy for PTSD, CBT-I training for sleep/ insomnia issues, Critical Incident Debriefing certificate, Certified Clinical Trauma Professional level II- CCTP-II, Yale Course Science of well-being.
Life's Way: Reflections of Hospice Volunteers in Northwestern Ontario