Troubleshooting Audio Issues for Windows 10
Check Device Manager
Make sure that you have a sound card or processor and it’s working.
- Open Start, enter Device Manager, select it from the list of results, select your sound card, open it, select the Driver tab and select Update Driver.
- If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their installation instructions.
- Check your speaker and headphone connections for loose cables or the wrong jack.
- Check your power and volume levels, and try turning all the volume controls up.
- Some speakers and apps have their own volume controls, and you might have to check them all.
- And remember that your speakers probably won’t work when headphones are plugged in.