Newsletter – Issue 6: August 12 2016 – Focus on Blogging
PM Newsletter, Issue 6: August 12, 2016
What has PM been up to?
- Recent membership statistics: 132 qualified therapists in 45 different cities/towns. We’re now province-wide, and we’re growing daily.
- Over 250 “landing pages” to our site last week to increase SEO – increases YOUR profile visibility and provides another way for users to search
- Reminder to Registered Social Workers: the fiscal year for the SWSSWPDF ends on August 31st, 2016. Registered social workers and social service workers have until that date to submit their applications to the SWSSWPDF for professional development activities that have or will be completed within 90 days of August 31st, 2016. Download more information here: SWSSWPDF Activities Update
Focus on Blogging
Just listing on a directory is no guarantee that you’ll get more clients – perhaps it did once, but not anymore in the world of Web 2.0. To build a successful and thriving practice today, you need to be VERY engaged online. New, informative, and engaging content will keep people coming back to your site, and, will get people to click on your site from search results. Getting your name out there, and published content out there takes a bit of work but it’s worth it.
Don’t have a blog on your site, or don’t have a web site at all? You can post blog entries on Psychotherapy Matters. Just contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you set up, and even help with editing. We also post our blog entries to our social media presences like our Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages. Even if you do have a blog on your site, submit your blog entries to us and we’ll add them to our social media. Check out the Psychotherapy Matters Blog and start sending your contributions in!
Don’t know how to get started? Check out these sites (note: no sponsorship or endorsements of services offered by these sites is intended – they simply have good tips on how to write therapy blogs):
- How to Write Content That People Will Read
- Should Therapists Blog?
- 12 Tips to Attract Clients with Therapy Blogging
- Blogging for Counselors
Remember – be yourself – tell us a story. Why you love what you do. What you’re good at. Check out other blogs and see what’s out there. Start commenting on blogs from others – get your name out there. Include links to your site on your blog post with us to drive people there.
And remember, Psychotherapy Matters is NOT just a directory. Members who are enrolled in the Psychotherapy Matters Virtual Clinic have an “edge” to market their practice to family physicians and clients by having speedy access to a psychiatrist for complex care cases.
- We’re changing the newsletter issues to twice monthly, so as not to “spam” you too much. Next issue: a focus on profiles. Your profile is one of the first things a client sees about you. How can you stand out from the others? What are some of the common mistakes? Should I have a picture in my profile? And, we will be contacting individuals where we notice errors or omissions to help improve profiles on Psychotherapy Matters. In fact, we’ll create a Blog article (or series of blog articles) with lots of information and link to it from the newsletter.
- Psychotherapy Matter’s Virtual Clinic Best Possible Medication History (BPMH) form will be available for download soon in our Provider Resources area. This form can be given to your client to complete prior to a consultation with a psychiatrist.
- Send in any ideas you have to help develop our collaboration of mental health professionals work better for you! email@example.com – we’d love to hear from you!