What is Supportive Therapy?
- The therapist listens carefully and gives you an opportunity to express your feelings and thoughts and supports your coping strategies.
- During sessions your therapist may provide reassurance and guidance.
- You use your problem-solving skills to gain a better understanding of your situation and to consider alternative choices and strategies.
- Your self-esteem and resilience are reinforced.
- “Deeper” probing and exploration of your life is considered unnecessary (or too difficult) at this time.
Related Blog Posts: