What is Integrative or Eclectic Therapy?
- “Integrative” usually means that the therapy combines different approaches and fuses them together. Therapists are considered “eclectic” when they selectively apply techniques from a variety of approaches to best fit your needs.
- Your therapy will consist of a combination of approaches that was selected to be most effective for you.
- There are many different, equally valid, therapy approaches and it’s a question of how many therapy “tools” your therapist has mastered.
- Your therapist will be flexible and creative in the use of theories and techniques.
- Many theories and approaches can be used to understand and help with the same issue by offering different perspectives. If there was one “right” way to do therapy, there wouldn’t be so many different (and useful) approaches.