What is Family Therapy?
1. Your therapist provides a safe, confidential and supportive setting to help you address the issues in your family and to create greater understanding.
2. During therapy you will learn how to mange family conflict more skillfully, especially when you feel stuck.
3. Therapy provides an opportunity to keep family conflict discussions relatively calm even when communicating about painful problems.
4. Whether the family is in crisis or struggling with a longstanding difficulty, therapy will help you to work towards improvement in terms of respect, affection, closeness and problem-solving.
5. When family members suffer from physical or psychiatric illnesses (including addictions), family therapy and support can be indispensable.