What is Couple/Relationship Therapy?
1. Your therapist provides a safe, confidential and supportive setting to help you address the issues in your relationship and to create greater understanding.
2. During therapy you will learn how to mange conflict more skillfully, especially when you feel stuck.
3. Therapy provides an opportunity to keep conflict discussions relatively calm even when communicating about painful problems.
4. Whether you are in crisis or struggling with a longstanding difficulty, therapy will help you to work towards improvement in terms of respect, affection, closeness and problem-solving.
5. Therapy can be directed towards preparation for and enhancement of commitment. In situations of irreconcilable differences, therapy can help to guide “amicable” separation.