Here is a list of recommended websites for reference material, help with specific issues, and self-assessment tools.
- CAMH – Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) is Canada’s largest mental health and addiction teaching hospital, as well as one of the world’s leading research centres in the area of addiction and mental health. CAMH combines clinical care, research, education, policy development and health promotion to help transform the lives of people affected by mental health and addiction issues.
- PsychCentral – Award-winning online mental health social network.
Provides mental health information as well as annotated guides to the most useful online resources today in mental health, psychology, social work, and psychiatry. Check out the free online mental health screening test Sanity Score.
- MoodFX – MoodFx is an interactive mobile-optimized website designed to help people with depression and anxiety by providing simple and scientifically valid methods for monitoring symptoms and functioning.
Screen for symptoms of depression and anxiety, and for problems with cognition and work functioning.
- Track your symptoms when you start a new treatment for depression.
- Set reminders to check your symptoms regularly and before appointments.
- Print, email, or show your results to your doctor right on your mobile device.
- View your past results and progress over time with simple charts.
- Receive helpful tips for managing depression, anxiety, and difficulties with cognition and work stress.
- Monitor for the return of any symptoms once you are feeling better.