How we help recovery
Collaborative mental health care for addiction centres & programs
Your number one priority is helping your clients get on — and stay on — the path to recovery. Working together, we can help you achieve that goal.
Psychotherapy Matters is a virtual care system that connects counsellors and their clients with psychiatrists and family doctors for collaboration. We make it possible for psychiatrists to be virtually integrated into your addiction program — without the excess associated costs.
Through telepsychiatry, we provide addiction centres, psychotherapy clinics, individual practitioners and third-party insurance providers with access to psychiatric care, without the wait.
The result: additional support for clients, increased resources for therapists, improved clinical outcomes and better recovery rates.
Helping your clients stay in recovery
Addiction and concurrent mental health disorders are often intertwined: many use substances to self-medicate the symptoms of a mental health issue. Meanwhile, addictions can lead to concurrent mental health problems.
It’s a vicious cycle and the stats are alarming:
- More than 50% of all people with serious substance abuse disorders have at least one other mental illness.
- At least 20% of individuals with serious mental disorders are affected by substance use issues.
For a successful recovery, addiction and mental health should be treated concurrently.
That’s where Psychotherapy Matters comes in.
We know that everyone who is struggling with an addiction can benefit from a psychiatric consultation — and we are working hard to make that a possibility in Ontario.
How it Works
Through our virtual clinic (PMVC), we will connect your clinical staff with a telepsychiatry consultant to collaboratively support your clients’ recovery. This is a qualified medical practitioner who is licensed to practice in Ontario and certified in psychiatry by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Your facility will receive the following benefits with its membership:
- Virtual appointments with a psychiatrist via secure video-conferencing — without lengthy wait times (less than 2 weeks!).
- Unlimited access to our team of psychiatrists for ongoing support.
- Educational opportunities for your clinical staff.
- Treatment team participates directly in the consultation and follow-up sessions with psychiatrists:
- All clinical staff must complete the PMVC training to be registered and accredited.
- Only professional staff who are paid members may participate in the sessions.
- Membership is not transferable. If qualified non-members are filling-in, they will be automatically added to the membership and book the training.
- Listing on PsychotherapyMatters.com directory to connect referral sources to your program. This includes:
- Unlimited profile updates
- Live hyperlink to your website
- Unlimited referral
- Access to our “Therapy Toolkit” and “Mental Health Needs Assessment” online services
- And More …
“The Virtual Clinic enables timely access for clients and therapists to obtain a proper psychiatric diagnosis and – if necessary for the client – to also obtain medications and follow up appointments. The built-in collaborative approach allows the therapist and psychiatrist to arrive at a shared understanding of the clients’ problems and needs. This further helps in the development and implementation of a complimentary psychotherapeutic and psychiatric treatment plan.”Stuart Goldman, M.A., M.S.W., R.S.W., Member
You want every client to have their best chance of achieving recovery and long-term wellness — we can do it, together. Contact us today for more details.